App conversion rate is an important tool for developers and marketers, as it signifies the performance of the app and its user base. It reflects the app's utility, value & impression it makes in the user’s life.
The conversion rate is a vital indicator of your app's effectiveness and can guide you toward your goal. It identifies the connection between the users who visit your app and download and register it, which will help you align the app's features with the user's expectations. Read on to know the techniques by which the conversion rate can be optimized.
What is conversion rate optimization?
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is increasing an app's conversion percentage. It involves researching and generating new ideas for the app's elements and validating them through A/B testing and multivariate testing.
Best techniques for conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Give a perfect User experience - Make sure to provide a seamless experience for the user from step 1 till the app gets installed by the user. Check and correct any delays or glitches in the funnel. Identify the friction points and fix them to give a satisfying user experience.
- Go for App Localization – Make your app available across regions and languages. It is bound to drive more users to the app. Take your app products to the global audience and enjoy an international presence.
- Market differently in Google Play and App Store – The app market share and the user traffic in these app stores differ. So, research to understand the user interests and responses and app store guidelines and practices to develop marketing strategies accordingly.
- App store optimization – Ensure that the app's visual and text elements are impressively designed to make that first impression count. The app's UI and UX must be compelling, and the app's main features should be effectively displayed.
- Encourage User communication – It is important to have two-way communication with the user for the app's growth. Motivate them to share their honest opinions and feedback. Find ways to make them participate in reviews and answer their queries and complaints to assure the importance of a user. This will improve user retention and help gain a high app store ranking.
- Use exciting push notifications – Word your push notifications with wit and emotion, which makes the user curious and eager about the app. Do not send them repetitively and boring notifications. The notifications must establish a relationship with the user, showing your eagerness to please and serve them. This can enhance the conversion rates.
- Test and update the app frequently - Design and test multiple listing pages to understand the app market and developments better. Run A/B regularly tests to identify and optimize the variant that performs in favour of the app's growth.
Conversion rate optimization secures a high app ranking and ensures you get the most out of your app advertising costs. Every penny you spend marketing the app brings a new user to your app store listing.
So make sure your app store listing is optimized for high conversion, safe from the risk of losing a prospective user, which also means losing money. Conversion rate optimization is essential to organic and paid user acquisition campaigns and the overall app growth.