App Store Optimization focuses mainly on the keyword strategy, facilitating app visibility. However, choosing keywords for your app that will perform well in generating app impressions is vital. All you need to do is to research and find the right keyword difficulty level that will suit your app store listing.
The keyword difficulty will determine how well you can rank for specific keywords. The difficulty level can be between 1-100, with values 1 - very easy to rank and 100 - most challenging to compete for.
Points to note when choosing the keyword difficulty level.
- You can begin by listing low-difficulty keywords. If your app is new or is yet to rank for competitive keywords, it is ideal to start using lower-difficulty keywords. When your ranking power increases and you begin to rank well for relevant keywords, you can gradually switch to higher-difficulty keywords.
- Another secret tip is to monitor the performing keywords used by your competitors. The analysis will help you find new ideas or the keywords that will work best for you too.
- You can also use the keyword recommendations by AI tools available in the app market. These tools will help you analyze your app, track the currently used keywords, and identify new keyword ideas.
- Finding keywords with a low-difficulty level might be challenging. Instead, you can form keyword combinations or create long-tail keywords. The long-tail keywords will help rank higher for these keywords and drive more traffic to the app.
- Once you cross the threshold of the achievable keywords with difficulty levels between 10-50, your keyword ranking goes up. Once you rank well for keywords with low difficulty, you can slowly begin by choosing difficult keywords.
- If at the beginning itself, you choose high-difficulty keywords, it will badly impact the app’s visibility and the app store optimization strategy. Remember, your post’s metadescription has character limitations. You should not be wasting this precious space on low-ranking keywords.
- The app stores will consider your keyword ranking history for considering your app for a feature or recommendation. Therefore, starting with low-difficulty keywords is wise forgrowing your keyword rank power.
- While choosing the keyword difficulty, your goal must be to rank well and increase the app traffic. So, the best keywords for your app are not too competitive and already ranked well for your competitor apps.
- So, to secure a place in the top-ranking chart, you should begin by ranking well for less competitive keywords. Track the apps with low app power in the top 10 results; these keywords will be easier for you to rank.
- An important metric that you need to focus on is the KEI (keyword efficiency index) which is calculated using the keyword volume and the app’s ranking chances for that keyword. A high index value indicates the right combination of high volume and high chance keywords. These are the keywords that are best suited for your app.
- Study your target audience while deciding the keyword difficulty level. The potential user’s preferred words will be used in the search queries. Another critical factor is choosing the most relevant keywords and their most similar synonyms for your app category.
- When you understand the preferable keyword difficulty and your app power well, it becomes easier to decide the keywords for your app’s metadata that will have higher chances of ranking.
- The keyword difficulty level depends on your app power. If your app is quite popular that has a high download rate, then implementing high-difficulty keywords may rank well. So, the chances of your app competing against difficult high-ranking keywords are related to your app’s capability to cope with that kind of competition.
- When your app grows and gains more visibility in the app store, you will be ready to compete against the established apps. Therefore, the keywords in your metadata must be most relevant and have a high chance of ranking well.
While choosing keywords for your app, you need to consider the keyword difficulty level, the search volume, and the most relevant ones.
A proper app store optimization strategy can help you find and implement the relevant keywords. The keyword efficiency index will help you determine the most efficient keywords.
The keyword difficulty level can be determined by assessing your app’s power. However, you can tweak the keyword difficulty level by tracking the user’s internet behavior and your app’s popularity.